Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Party and Driving

So this past weekend we had a surprise birthday party for my mom who turned 60. She definitely doesn't look or act 60, I hope I can be that way when I'm her age. It was so fun to have everyone over to our home and surprise her! We had a family picture taken a few weeks ago and so for her birthday we framed the family picture and then gave her a book of memories (basically told her how great she is :))

In other news we now have 3 drivers in our home....Yes, Sydney is driving! At first it was super scary and gave me a heart attack a few times. But we try and let her drive when we are with her in the car and she does a good job. She is getting the hang of it, and she is so excited to be behind the wheel!

We had valentines day this week. It was fun to give my kids valentines and love notes. I tried red food coloring on the kids eggs, it tasted the same but just looked interesting....Anyway I gave my sweetheart a new tool chest as he needed one badly to clean up his tools that are scattered all over the garage. He gave me a beautiful necklace that I've been asking for and he then had 2 of the young women in our ward come and sing to me ( I can't help falling in love with you) and gave me a rose and a valentine card. It was super sweet and romantic! We then topped the day off with a seafood buffet for the whole family. Life is busy, busy but so good:)

3 comments:

Hayley said...

I would have commented like forever ago but your blog wasn't loading up on my computer. Mom's party was fun! Let's get together sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
Animation institutes

Anonymous said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
Animation institutes